Apprenticeship Training Program Coordinator– The Makership Project™ (Pittsburgh, PA)
The New App for Making It In America Project, a Department of Labor supported Workforce Innovation Fund grant recipient is developing an exciting new concept in next generation tools training for next generation firms and is currently seeking a Training Program Coordinator. The Coordinator will be responsible for building and operating a rapid training program to equip workers with the skills necessary to excel in digitized manufacturing and startup environments.
• Creates and delivers youth Makership Project™ curriculum for practical and theoretical training, outlined by Project Manager. Formulates program outlines, determines instructional methods, designs evaluations and develops program schedules. Ensures programs are designed and modified according to strategic operating objectives, and state and federal requirements.
• Works closely with project team to understand job skill requirements for placement and to deliver training programs that lead to successful placement. Builds and instructs youth Makership Project™ curriculum in additive and digital Manufacturing, design and drafting, welding, CNC Machining, advanced assembly and other related fields.
• Utilizes outside agencies, schools, union programs, startups, established manufacturers or other teaching professionals for Depth of Knowledge training.
• Works with project team regarding certifications and badges that participants may be eligible to receive or earn.
• Supervises apprentice/Makership Project placement schedules and practical education and work.
• Coordinates the supervision of apprentice(s) and with union apprentice programs to complement (not compete) with existing apprenticeships.
• Reports on progress of participants and status of program to project team along with recommendations to improve the Makership Project™.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Ideal candidate has:
• 5 years of experience in established manufacturing and/or startups.
• 4 year degree in Engineering or Manufacturing field or equivalent.
• 3 years of related teaching experience.
• Experience with apprenticeship and training programs.
• Solid knowledge of digitized manufacturing
• Ability to successfully obtain ACT clearances.
• Completion of an apprenticeship program.
The New App For Making It In America is directly supported by a U.S. Department of Labor Workforce Innovation Fund grant with the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board (TRWIB), under contract with Strategic Development Solutions, LLC and whose consortium is comprised of Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), the PA AFL-CIO, Keystone Development Partners and Keystone Research Center. It has significant interest from diverse stakeholders including start-up companies, organized labor, businesses, venture funds, non-profit economic and workforce development organizations. Our goal is to build a sustaining, mutually beneficial system that strengthens, grows, and supports U.S. domestic manufacturing.
This full-time position in Pittsburgh, PA is available immediately and is grant funded through June of 2015. The employer of record for this opportunity will be the PA AFL-CIO. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within, please include salary requirements, and two references as indicated below.
- Application Deadline: Jan 10th, 2014
- For those selected, phone interviews are on Jan 14th, 2014
- For those selected, on-site interviews are on Jan 16h, 2014
- The finalists interview is on Jan 21st, 2014
- References: Minimum of 2 Professional
- Salary Requirements: Please provide
- Project Location: Hubbed in Tech Shop Pittsburgh/SW Pennsylvania with plans to scale statewide
- Project Employer: PA AFL-CIO working in conjunction with the New App for Making It in America Consortium
- Project Length: Funded through June 2015, targeted to achieve long term sustainability